A lot of women want to know how to stop your period. Often menstrual period may cause some troubles and may cause some problems in your daily activities like sports or travel plans. Many ladies don’t support period symptoms like headaches, back pain or cramps. Many women get heavy period and want to stop it. Other women want to delay a period to allow them to go somewhere or do something without worrying about inconvenience of getting it.
Many women get tried many methods to stop or delay their menstrual periods after researching methods on the internet or asking friend’s tips. The most women get wrong and bad tips or unreliable tips which aren’t effective and can also be bad for their own health. There are few methods to stop your period and the majority of methods will still only temporarily delay or stop your period.
1) Some natural ways to stop menstrual period
- Drinking a lot of water or juice can help you to get a light period.
- Eating green beans for example are known to help you slow your menstrual period.
- Eating healthy, making a point to ingest a lot of fruits and vegetables can also help you to get easy period symptoms.
- Mixing a package of gelatin together with mineral water and rapidly ingesting the mixture can stop your period for approximately four hours.
- Drinking two or three teaspoons of vinegar mixed into a glass of mineral water can also help slow your menstrual flow and calm the other symptoms. To get the best effects, take this cure two or three times a day.
- Sucking on a bit of lemon can help you to temporarily stop your period.
- Taking a shower or bath can also help temporarily delay or stop your menstrual period.
2) Utilize Menstrual Flexible Cups
You can use Menstrual Flexible Cups that is worn internally, in the natural space under the cervix and behind the pubic bone where it conforms to your body that help in collecting menstrual flow. Menstrual cups doesn’t stop your period however it inhibits blood from flowing by the vagina, such as a tampon, but the difference between a menstrual cup and a tampon is that the tampon is responsible for absorbing the menstrual flow and the menstrual cup only collects it. You can use it for about 10 hours. Remember that menstrual cups doesn’t prevent pregnancy.
3) Taking Medications
NSAIDs such as ibuprofen, are analgesic (painkillers) that can also be advised for stopping your period. It help reduce cramps during menstruation. You can take them 2-3 times per day before your menstrual period and keep on using them until your menstrual period stops.
GnRH–A can certainly minimize menstrual bleeding. However, they must only be taken temporary because they may be expensive and may make severe side effects (osteoporosis or weak bones).
4) Use birth control pills
The best method to stop your period is to take contraceptives or birth control. Before you take you should see your gynecologist or local doctor who will give you advice on which type will ideal suit your requirements. Your doctor will describe what to be expecting, what dosage to take, and also any risks involved.
Birth control pills inhibit fertilization and ovulation. They can be in a patch form, injectable or oral. The best way to stop periods is to use oral contraceptives in pill form. These pills must be taken one cycle before the period that you do not want to have. When consumed on a regular basis as directed, you will stop getting periods. Once you stop taking pills, your menstrual periods will go back.
Your gynecologist may recommend Surgical procedure to stop your period. This can occur in case you have some medical conditions that involves heavy menstrual bleeding like endometriosis or uterine fibroids. Your gynecologist may propose a hysterectomy (surgical removal of the womb). This will totally stop your period, but will be performed when the other surgical treatments aren’t successful. The other surgical methods include:
- Myomectomy, refers to the surgical removal of uterine leiomyoma (fibroids).
- Uterine artery embolization (UAE),
- Endometrial ablation,
There are other methods for you to get stopping your period, but they may not be very reliable or effective. So consult a gynecologist to give you the best method to delay or stop your menstrual period.
If you need more informations read this article: How to make your period come faster